• Nefasi's Application

#69  by Nefasi
 Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 pm
STAFF APPLICATION

Username: Nefasi
Time on server: 100+
Discord name: Nefasi#9813
Why do you think you would make a good addition to our staff team?
I play fairly often and would like to make the server better. Either as a moderator to keep the chat within tolerable limits or finding those who are abusing the system to gain an unfair advantage.

What experience do you have with community management?
My experience in community management is mostly from my days playing EVE Online. I've had several "director" level positions in several different organizations, and even ran my own for a couple years but retired it when I lost interest in the game. My roles have been as limited as hosting mining ops and keeping track of each member's participation, to performing background and entry interviews to applicants, performing diplomatic duties (keeping my guys from ruffling our allies feathers and vice versa), and managing the ship replacement program for one of the alliances we used to be in (lots of spreadsheets and reviewing of people's claims for reimbursement). I like to be fair and typically gave warnings for my guys doing less than desirable things before kicking them out and having their things shipped to them.

And just a fun question, If you have 6 2TB drives in raid 5, how much storage do you have available?
I heard from the grapevine its none

Do you have any other experience you feel makes you a good choice for a community manager?
Nothing much, running games as a DM for Dungeons and Dragons and being an officer in the FF14 game.