• Request to have ban appeal for ShaftInspector[Acrumen] reviewed and possible reinstated.

• Chat About The 1.7.10 Pack here!
Chat About The 1.7.10 Pack here!
 #22744  by Colonial Burton
 Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:51 am
I am writing to request that the ban on ShaftInspector be reinstated. I believe that he has been let off too easily, and that this case will allow for abuse of ban appeals.

ShaftInspector showed no remorse for his racist remarks, and instead of a just apology for his actions, he attempted to justify his racism, claiming he had a 'compelling case'. This opens the door for others to do the same, and claim bias when they are given a different result. This also opens the door to allow racists to prevail, as I'm sure every racist has a 'compelling case' to justify their racist behavior, such groups like the KKK, and even neo-nazis. View his own ban appeal to see what I mean.

As stated above, his ban was overturned even without remorse, or an apology, for his actions. There are players who have had their appeals rejected due to racism, who have actually apologized, and shown remorse for their behavior.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=89&sid=e6f84bef6e8e ... 3bb9e4d276
Appeal was ignored, and assumed to have the ban continued, none the less, apologized and showed remorse.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76&sid=e6f84bef6e8e ... 3bb9e4d276
Attempted to justify racism, was met with a continued ban.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62&sid=e6f84bef6e8e ... 3bb9e4d276
Apologized for racist comment, was met with a continued ban.

As for the justification of racism by ShaftInspector, the explanation given by him allows me to be racist without the need for apology. I have served with the Australian Army in both Iraq and Afghanistan, being shot at by people of the muslim faith, and in my last deployment, wounded, which resulted in my medical discharge from the armed forces. This would be one of the most 'compelling cases' to justify racism, but does it? Would it really justify a hatred towards a particular people? Thankfully, in my case, I don't hate people like that, I don't even hate the people who shot me, to me, they were just soldiers doing their job, just as I was doing mine, but to claim justification for racism, any kind of racism, that just isn't right.

In closing, I feel that ShaftInspector should have his ban reinstated until an apology is given for the comments at the very minimum, if not an apology as well for the attempted justification of racism.
 #22746  by brixazure
 Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:53 pm
so ill start off with:

1: Espectro11 has been warned multiple times..and tempbanned before i permed him...for saying racist things. So multiple chances there

2: Ninjatrol, ii wasnt really around for it..but he said that and was warned a few times...to include a mute. he also started blaming myself for him getting raided in his video.

3: Issue was unbanned..i just never commented..

Everyone gets a second chance. So far..he has been good... He also talked with me for a bit, and while he doesnt like a certain group of SA people, he wont bring it up inside the server at all again. and if you look at his ban appeal, my comment on it was that haxy approved it, which means the owner allowed him back .

My question though to you..is why you care and are trying to tell me how to ban and unban?
 #22747  by Colonial Burton
 Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:00 pm
I care because I am sick of being around toxic communities. I play many different games, and the sad thing is, this community is the worst by far. This is comparing to Eve Online and Fortnite.

Acrumen was directly offensive, not just from doing it randomly, but doing it for the sake of it. Like I said, he also didn't apologize for his comments. Maybe if he wasn't doing what he was doing directly towards me the other night, I might have a different opinion of him, but until he shows remorse for his actions, I refuse to let it go.

You should also care too, because just going by the forum posts, it looks like some people are being hard up on, while others are being let go with a slap on the wrist. I'm not the only one who has commented on it. There are people that play on here, who are from my Eve group, also bringing up these points during our conversations over there. I'm just the only one with the balls to say something about it.